Friday, April 16, 2010

A little family treedition


My father was the youngest of 12 children. My mother was the youngest of 8. I'm the youngest of 8. I always joked that that tradition stopped here! Well, I currently have 8 kids, albeit, 4-legged varieties vs. 2-legged. So I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the family tree. Ha!

Our kids don't require day care. Don't require college funds. But as any pet parent can tell you, they can be expensive to keep what with food/feed, treats, shots, spaying/neutering, medications, supplements, vet visits, hoof trims, etc. etc. And the "letting go" part comes sooner than you'd like. But the joy they bring on a minute-by-minute basis is well worth all of it.

You've sort of met Baron and Zim so far. I'll introduce you to all of them individually if you keep reading future posts.

Ages: Oldest - 28 yrs; Youngest - 2 yrs.
Breeds: 2 horses, 5 dogs, 1 cat
3 males; 5 females

Frequently heard nicknames for groupings: Angels, Monsters, Babies, Cheeky Monkeys, Poodles, Rapscallions, Spoiled Rotten Kids

1 comment:

Rose said...

I am the youngest of 8, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...