Friday, April 23, 2010

Parts is parts...


In speaking with our Neighbor to the North about plans to bale our hay, she mentioned that her old horse had died about a month ago. I didn't have the heart to tell her I already knew that since for the past 3 weeks or so, our dogs have been shuttling him, piece by piece, back across the pasture and into our front yard. The other day when I was walking the hay field, I saw these parts that hadn't made it all the way to our yard so thought I'd better retrieve them before she saw them someday and wondered who/what they were...

These shoulder blades and leg portion have now joined the horse skull and 3 complete legs (minus one hoof) that rest at the bottom of our pond. The hoof is still around here somewhere...

Gives new meaning to "piecemeal" doesn't it?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...