Friday, April 16, 2010

Texas wildflowers


Here's a shot of the Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes I mentioned the other day. Now these are not the Indian Paintbrushes I knew as a kid in Wisconsin. Those were small feathery edged flowers with deep colors of yellow, red and rust. But when you google the name, you get all kinds of varieties of wildflowers, and one of them is this type so I'll go with it.

I love the pink/coral coloration. When they take over a field, it's breathtaking. Ours come in in patches. I'm assuming the hay growth gets in their way a bit. :)

6 comments:

bon bon said...

they're just gorgeous!

TXBG said...

Have you noticed what my wannabe Aggie calls Aggie clover? I believe the more common name is crimson clover. I noticed some on the drive in yesterday, quite lovely.

texwisgirl said...

Ooh, yes. Crimson clover is lovely per this website!

http://www.lone-star.net/wildflowers/flowers.htm

TXBG said...

Great website!! The shot you posted of the Indian Paintbrush didn't look like how I thought it should look. That's because I had it confused with Indian Blanket. Got that settled now!

texwisgirl said...

Yeah, I like that website too. Have used it to id some of these plants that pop up around here. Now if I could just remember their names when I see them again!

Lana said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...