Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Turtle Snap!"


In honor of my brother-in-law's birthday today, I'll post a photo of turtles, altho these are red-ears and not the snapping variety. When I was much younger he would pinch the skin on the backs of my knees as I walked past and yell "Turtle Snap!" Dang, they hurt!

These guys were trying to catch a few rays out on the pond. I know - if I was a true Texan, it'd be a "tank" but the Wisconsinite in me still comes through so pond it is... Anyway, this shot is an example of my camera's limits - the zoom gets a bit fuzzy at this distance, but you can't really sneak up on turtles so this is about the best I can do.

P.S. Happy B-Day, J.P.! And many more!!!




4 comments:

Lesa said...

"Tanks" don't have this much character 8 ) Gotta be a "Pond".

texwisgirl said...

I agree! Tanks are just watering-holes for beef cattle. Ours hosts a plethora of wildlife!

Lana said...

Tanks? They've always been ponds in my neck of woods of Texas.

Paula said...

Yep down here in south Texas they are tanks but then a lot of them are not as pretty as your's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...