Thursday, April 22, 2010

Whew!


Okay, now that I've introduced all of the kids, I feel like I've sufficiently front-loaded our back story. Whew! Time to take a breath and enjoy the view!

This is a shot from our deck. Wouldn't this make a great picture puzzle?! I wish people still fixed puzzles like my dad, sister and I did when I was young. Of course when you're faced with 5 months of Wisconsin winter, snow and cold, what else do you have to do but stay indoors and try to fill in borders edged around a card table with little stamped-out pieces of pressed cardboard?

Obviously, back then, PCs and gaming consoles were not yet available, but even so, after hours and hours of hunched-over work, there's nothing like putting in that last piece and wishing you still had more puzzle to go...

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Beautiful, beautiful! You are right - this would be a great picture to make into a jigsaw puzzle. It has enough of the same color to make you have to use "puzzle piece shape logic", but not too much of the same to make it seem impossible to put together. Get the card table out and start with the "edges"...that's what we always did too. 8 )

Lana said...

We put together a couple of puzzles over Christmas last year. This would make a great one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...