Thursday, July 29, 2010

This is "Elvis"



I left the baby raccoons in the bird feeder tree after scaring away their father(?) on night 1 and their mother(?) on morning 2. I decided to peek out at them through my office window. Since their mom had left them, I saw 2 little guys give up, scamper down and run around the pond to freedom. Then finally this little guy, after being left all alone, decided he needed to make a break for it too.

So, after 29 hours of clinging to tree branches, I'm proud to announce that "Elvis has left the building!" Whew! Nice to know I could release the hounds without the thought of imminent blood shed or continued hours of tree torture. And yes, that makes 5 raccoons that were trapped in the bird feeder tree at one time. Whew!

4 comments:

Winchester said...

It sounds like a riddle...how many raccoons can a small bird feeder tree hold?

texwisgirl said...

I'm hoping that'll be our record - especially since all 5 made it to safety which is another record in itself!

Nancy said...

Thank goodness they got away safely.

texwisgirl said...

A small miracle around here, for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...