Friday, July 30, 2010

Turtle pancakes


You've got to wonder what the heck animals are thinking sometimes. Like these turtles, for example. Of all the space on that floating log, apparently there is one prime spot. And just because the big guy got it first, doesn't mean the little guy's gonna let him keep it all to himself.

I love the way the little guy balances with his back legs outstretched. Reminds me of "Baby" doing her infamous leap up into Patrick Swayze's awaiting arms in "Dirty Dancing". :)

7 comments:

Winchester said...

SWAYZE reference! Love it! I have a shirt that a friend got me that says "Crazy for Swayze"

texwisgirl said...

You're too funny! I know you're a big fan!

bon bon said...

oh no! it's yertle the turtle!! if you see the stack get higher every day, you may want to put a stop to the top one. ;o)

texwisgirl said...

Sadly, I had to Google Yertle the Turtle. Was not familiar with that particular Dr. Seuss work. Wow! The tyrannical, power-seeking turtle was based on Hitler!!! Eek! I see what you mean about putting a stop to him!

bon bon said...

while i was reading seuss to my kids, you were probably reading kafka or something equally intellectual.

clearly...ha!

texwisgirl said...

Hey, I think a book about the dangers of power and ego based on Hitler is pretty high-brow! :)

Jeanie Scht said...

Oh my god I just watched the movie and then I saw this. Coincidence?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...