Saturday, October 2, 2010

Farm Rescue - a new link alongside my posts

I read about this non-profit organization in the American Profile Magazine insert in our local country paper.  It really struck a chord with me as I grew up among dairy farmers in Wisconsin and watched them toil every day and sometimes struggle to get their crops in from the field.  In addition, Husband has spent a great deal of time these past two years serving the Bismarck and Fargo ND areas through his work.  So when I read about this organization created by a former North Dakota farm boy, funded by donations and manned by volunteers, I wanted to help.  After making a donation, I asked if I could add a link to their website on my blog.  If I can direct just one of you to their organization, then I've been a help to their cause.

Check out their website to read about their efforts, and if you want a good cry, just play some of the video testimonials of folks who have received their help in times of crisis or need.  Truly cut from the core of the American Midwest and the farms that help feed us all.

Thanks for giving them your time, interest, attention and/or donations.  :)

1 comment:

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! Love your blog. Your photos are stunning! Now I'm just trying to figure out how to grab/make a button for Farm Rescue...
hugs,
Leslie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...