Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our nightly routine...

Every night for the past week or so, I let the dogs out for a walk between 8:30 and 9:00 ish.  It's plenty dark by then, and they're ready to settle down for the night so I make them go out one more time.  And because it's dark, the dogs run out all excited because the coyotes are already lurking in the fields.  With the dogs' arrival, the coyotes make their presence known by starting their serenade.

video
I've gotten numerous audios on my camera of the howling/yipping/chattering (via "video" with nothing to look at but the yard light and a few solar lamps across the yard).  I'll post one for you if you're interested to hear tonight's song (I purposely kept the recording short as sometimes it goes on and on).  They were especially close and loud tonight - you can barely hear our dogs barking along with them from the yard.  After the chorus, I spend about a half hour wrangling the dogs back into the house because they're usually so worked up they don't want to come inside.  If I get the more "citified" dogs indoors, I'll leave the "countrified" Catahoulas out to continue their grapevine barking with all the other neighborhood dogs that are equally worked up and not ready to sleep.

3 comments:

Nature ID said...

Haha! Love the sound!

texwisgirl said...

Thanks!

texwisgirl said...

Actually have another chorus going on outside as I'm here typing this to you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...