Tuesday, November 9, 2010

And let the bluebird bathing begin...


The second after the flicker flew off, a house finch flew in and the bluebird jumped into the bath before anyone else could horn in on his fun. 
  I like the little dark-eyed junco keeping an eye on things from the background.
The bluebird just decides to stop and soak in the bath.A yellow-rumped warbler stops by to see if there's any room in the tub.

 And some house finches return.
"Come on, already!" they seem to be saying to the water hog. 

7 comments:

Dawn said...

One of my favorite of all things to watch for sure!!! My favorite is the way they shake themselves...it's pretty cute to see:))
Love that blue!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

How super beautiful is that cute feathered birdie!!
Have a most happy Tuesday. xxxx

Farm Girl said...

That is amazing I like the smug look on the bluebirds face. That little black bird is a junko? I have one and I always hope there is a misses, but it eats all of the bugs that land on the porch and flies when I am walking always just ahead of me to the next tree.I never knew what they were called.

Zondra Art said...

Beautiful and cute bird,very nice photos!!!

Kisses and hugs.

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

wayside wanderer said...

Ah, love this. Fresh and fluffy. Ahhh...

AJ said...

What a great capture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...