Friday, November 19, 2010

I believe in angels...

I believe in spirits, in souls that watch over us.  People who we've loved and who have loved us that continue to send guidance and love after they've passed on. 

Yesterday I spent the afternoon sealing the rock patio (see previous post).  I was achy and sore by the time I finished, but glad to have it done.  The dogs and I went to the barn, fed the horses and cat, and I came back to the house to refill the bird baths.  As I was doing so, I was running through my "thank yous".  You know,

"Thank you, God, for this lovely day."
"Thank you, God, for this beautiful place."
"Thank you for our wonderful 'kids'."
"Thank you for allowing me to be home to enjoy it."
"Thank you for the ability to do the work that I did today."
"Thank you for the birds that kept me company as I did it."  Etc. Etc.

We have an outdoor sink off the side deck so I had taken one pitcherful of water to the bird baths and was returning to get another when I stopped just short of the deck as I saw this on the stepping stone:
The water droplets from the pitcher I had carried had formed a perfect little heart on the stone.  I had almost stepped right on it as I was making my way back up for second pitcherful. 
I ran and got my camera before it dried so I could share it with you.  It made my heart smile... 

20 comments:

Patrice said...

Cool!

Dawn said...

Oh I love this.
What a good reminder...someone up there is Loving us in ways only He can.
What a wonderful "heart-full" moment and capture.
Those are the moments I hold on to tight...to get me through the days and moments that aren't so grand.
That there is one Grand GOOD Moment:)

I am so glad you shared this!
Hugs!

Canyon Girl said...

That heart would make anybody smile. I'm so glad you saw it and was able to share it with us. I say
Thank You every morning. It makes my life more peaceful. We all need to be aware and grateful. Thank you for a lovely post.--Inger

Sharon said...

Now, that's cool!

(I believe in angels too)

Allison said...

Maybe it was God hearing all your thank you's and answering back... How I love you! :)

Country Mouse Studio said...

I have to agree with Allison and Dawn and well everyone who commented before me. wonderful :O)

Farm Girl said...

First of all I love the little message from heaven. Yes that was me. I was thinking how much better it would be to be able to eat and not gain weight. :)

Judy said...

Oh my...My heart is just pounding after reading this post. It does make my heart smile too :)

Deb said...

amazing....:)

bon bon said...

<3

Nancy said...

We just never know when something unexpected like that happens, to cause us to pause and reflect -- what a neat story ("neat," I'm so old...)

Hoping your Saturday is filled with fun and enjoyment. :)

Kent Island Red said...

Now that is just the coolest thing and I GUARANTEE you that it was a little love note from God telling you that he loves you, too. Totally makes my heart smile.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I agree with what everyone said--It really is a little message sent for you! Thanks for sharing this sweet post! :-)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

PS: I just got another grin, my word verification word for my comment was "haalo" Confirms that there really are angels! :-)

Terry said...

Howdy Sweetie
Oh boy when you join in you give it your all :)
Praise God for hearts all around us daily that remind us of our many blessings .
Love your post it was truly encouraging .
Thank you for the reminder to acknowledge
our blessings !You have a beautiful heart.
Big happy hugs from me to you .
Until next time
Happy Trails

Clytie said...

What a beautiful little heart - put in your path for a purpose - to find you and give you a sign of love and peace. It is beautiful and perfect - and I'm so glad you linked it to Guest Heart Thursday!

Dani said...

It is indeed perfect. Such adorable heart.

Thank you for sharing!

It made my heart smile too.

Inger-M said...

I made me smile to! It's lovely, I'm glad it didn't dry up before you got your camera :-)

Inger-M said...

Sorry, I meant "It" made me smile too! Twice now :-))

Leave It To Davis said...

God loves you. Without a doubt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...