Friday, November 5, 2010

Living leather

AHA!!!  I finally did it!  Any of you who've been following my blog for a bit know I've been stalking this Brahma bull that lives in a field towards town, trying to get a picture of him in the sunshine.  With the cooler weather we're having, he's finally been out from under the shade, so I parked off the road, jumped out and snapped some shots of him.
Look at that wonderful neck!  LOVE the heavy hide and weathered wrinkles in it.  I've always loved his deep golden color and his gorgeous beefiness. 

He, on the other hand, was not very impressed with me.  After barely giving me a chance to snap his side view, this is what he left me with...  See ya!
Oh, the life of a superstar...

11 comments:

Zondra Art said...

Beautiful photos!!!
Kisses and hugs, nice weekend.

Judy said...

Awesome animal...Now is someone raising him or is he wild?

Nancy said...

You are I are in agreement about the wrinkles. You just want to reach out and ... oh, that would probably not be a good idea. Great photo!

Farm Girl said...

I love Brahma Bulls and cows. When I showed steers as a kid I had one that was half. He had that great dewlap that hangs down. He was big like that but he was a red color. I think that bull is magnificent. I would have tried to get a picture too. He is great because of those awesome horns.
Very nice picture.

texwisgirl said...

He definitely is "owned" as he resides in a pasture and tends to his ladies. Not sure how "tame" he is as I've never seen a human in the pasture with them. I wonder how old he is as he's lived in this area longer than we have (over 8 yrs now). :)

wayside wanderer said...

Great picture. I am starting to feel my age and have more in common with that bull than I would really like to admit. I'm enjoying your blog and your love for nature.

IanH said...

I don't think I would want to meet him in the middle of the field! these legs don't run so fast anymore!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Happy h a p p y hugs for a great weekend to you too! xoxoxoxoxo

Farmchick said...

Nice photo....kind of so ugly he is handsome.

heyBJK said...

Great pictures! That's a good lookin' bull!

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

Well, I'm not really into bulls, but, I am into photography and I know how satisfying it is when you get that picture you've been "stalking". You might try giving the bull a treat. hummm....what would be a treat for a bull?? Obviously I know nothing about bulls. lol Keep trying....you'll get closer. (but don't climb the fence!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...