Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New camera; new obsession

Husband got me a new Nikon camera recently so I've been playing with some of the macro settings, trying to get to know my new weapon.  Even though it's still technically a "point and shoot" model, it's a whole lot fancier than my old Kodak.  Here's a few shots of a sweet butterfly flitting among the fall flowers.

I don't think the butterflies are amused that I have a new toy as I keep following them around as they sup from the blooms.
Hopefully they (and you) will be patient with me as I only have my learner's permit on this camera model.
I guess the "driver's test" will be if you keep viewing my blog or if you abandon it due to overabundance of blurry, shaky images or if I develop a drinking problem from all the stress... 
I think this is a type of Spreadwing Skipper, maybe a Common Checkered-Skipper.

7 comments:

bon bon said...

you're funny...

i recommend a tripod so you can drink WHILE shooting. ;o)

Judy said...

I love playing around with my camera. These shots are nice!

Verde Farm said...

No worries...they're great :)

Farm Girl said...

I think they look great. AS I am a very new learner on a camera and my kids very nicely give me pointers. It is something that is fun to learn.
You got a picture of a butterfly. That is so good. Mine would look like a blur went by. :)
I keep telling my husband, no not yet I don't want to have to learn something else. I am noticing though, I have hit a wall with my little Cannon point and shoot and I don't know how to get around it.
You always have amazing photos anyway.

Zondra Art said...

Nice shots!

Kisses.

Farmchick said...

Nice work. I love playing around with my camera on our farm. So many things to take pictures of and so little time! lol

Dawn said...

Fun camera time....they're great shots!
...I still use my phone camera the majority of the time.
It's on my Wish List this year.....we'll see:))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...