Monday, February 7, 2011

5 things I can't leave home without

I got tagged by Trisha at Roundabout to reveal 5 things I can't leave the house without.  Here goes:

1.  Key to unlock the gate (wouldn't get past the first 1/4 mile without it).
2.  Car camera (my trusty old Kodak Easyshare in it's homemade carrying pouch made from a man's winter cap.)
3.  Coffee canister full of dog food for the 2 pit bull mixes I've been feeding a few miles down the road.  Additional canned dog food, table scraps, old bread, dog biscuits are optional.
4.  Cell phone (although getting service out here in the country is sometimes a crapshoot - yeah, Verizon, I can't always hear you now...)
5.  The wallet with cash/credit and/or debit cards is a given, so I'll throw in gum.  Must have it for after eating teeth cleaning/breath freshening purposes.

Now I'm supposed to tag 5 others to do the same.  So play along if you'd like!

Babb's Place - a foofy kinda girly girl
Ladybug from Texas - a down-home Texas gal
Phantom-Kitty - Bon Bon, an artsy, eclectic gal
My Field of Dreams - Kim, a California gal with a huge heart
Massanutten Game Trails - Joe, I want to get a guy's perspective

17 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

I think the most interesting is the coffee can with dog food in it. Hurrah for you. I put small handfuls of dog food out for the wild tuxedo cat and for the possum.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

We've been through 2 Easyshares. I think my husband is rough on cameras.

Deb said...

sounds fun...I will play along...

Home In The Hollow said...

I wish I'd thought of keeping my old Easy Share as a spare to take along when I got my Nikon but I gave them to Goodwill. I like the idea of you feeding the dogs...:)JP

Canyon Girl said...

So glad you didn't ask me or you would have heard about my partial teeth, diabetes supplies, glucose tablets and so on. Ooophs, I guess I told you! Just kidding around.--Inger

Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

Love it - the gum took me by surprise. :)
Staci

Farmchick said...

I love that you take the dog food with you. Nice!

Sharon said...

I carry a whole purse full of junk, it must weigh about 4# most times (without a camera). I think you need a cute divided tote, ready any time you are. LOL!

Texan said...

A good assortment you have there lol! I hear ya on the cell phone, we recently switched me to ATT as we turned off our hardline phone and went to cells only. Ya I know gusty out here LOL.. but actually ATT is super out here by us.. But who the heck knows by you guys... we found out that the tower a few miles up the freeway was a ATT tower, what made our decision for us... I think we are going to try their Internet card now.. we have a Sprint one thru honeymans work but ewww it can be so annoying! If the ATT Internet card is as good as the ATT cell for us then woowhoo sign me up!

Linda said...

#1 is my two cameras.....yes 2! They go everywhere I go.

Nancy said...

I knew about the camera... you are always taking pictures while you are out on the road. :)

Trisha said...

I have to have my gum too! So sweet that you have the dog food on your list :) Those pit bulls must love you!

Angela said...

I keep my camera with me too! I do take my cell phone but it doesn't work that well out where I live. Always have my purse that always has chapstick in it. Can't live without it. And last but not least right now I have to have my gloves! It's cold out there! Don't forget my coupon binder too when I go shopping! lol

Have a Great Day!
Angela

bon bon said...

oh, homework! i'm gonna have to leave the house now to give myself a refresher! hee hee!

<3 that you can't leave without dog food. you're such an amazing doggie mama! xo...

Allison said...

The can of dog food! Ha! I had my sister bring a can of Folger's from the States last time she was here simply out of nostalgia. I was disappointed it wasn't tin anymore, though. :(

Now it holds my Italian coffee - vive l'Europe!

Joe said...

I'll try to get my have to have posted this evening :).

Jennifer said...

Cute post... the the coffee can of dog food, very nice of ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...