Sunday, March 13, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award!

Trisha at Roundabout gifted me with the Versatile Blogger Award!  As I told Trisha, I don't think of my blog as versatile since all I blog about is birds, nature, pets, birds, wildflowers, birds, critters, birds, and did I mention birds?  :)  But I appreciate the award nonetheless!
To accept the award, I need to tell you 7 things about myself, and then pass the award to 5 more bloggers.  Unlike Trisha (who cheated and referenced a prior post for her 7 things), I'm going to tell you some additional things you might not know:

1.  I have blue eyes.  Both of my parents had blue eyes so all 8 of us kids did too - of which I'm the youngest.
2.  I have short brunette hair which is starting to pepper in nicely with gray.  And I LOVE my gray hair!!!  When I see more appear after a haircut, I do a little happy dance.  I'VE EARNED THEM!!!  I don't mind my 'laugh lines' either!  I'm not very vain - more of a "what you see is what you get" kinda gal.  I don't wear makeup either anymore.  Letting myself go?  I prefer to think I'm letting myself live - without all the fuss.
3.  I will be 48 this summer. 
4.  My middle name is Rose.
5.  I refer to my self as an extroverted introvert.  I prefer to be home more than anyplace else in the world, and exist quite well as a hermit.  However, once I get out to a social setting, I tend to "flit" and visit with lots of folks to chat and smile.
6.  In a much earlier life, I was once certified as a "Colonel" of auctioneering after taking a night course and graduating by selling a trinket in front of real buyers at an rinky-dink auction barn.  No, I cannot still do the auctioneer lingo.  It takes a lot of work and practice...
7.  I am built for power, not for speed.  Petite in stature but plenty of meat on my bones.  Took after the Czech side of the family (dad) instead of the German side (mom); raised on meat and potatoes; never athletic.  I think I have fought the tendency to turn into a refrigerator for the past 20 years.  A motto of mine:  "In my next life, I shall be willowy..."

Now, 5 more versatile bloggers.  Please accept this award, spill 7 things and pass along to 5 more bloggers as you see fit:

1.  LB at Bullets and Biscuits - You never know if you'll get a hunting story, a recipe, a sad story, funny cartoon or a smack upside the head.
2.  heyBJK | Outdoors Blog of Brian King - Hunting and fishing stories, tips for being a great outdoorsman, product reviews, family stories and tributes, and just plain good writing.
3.  Bon Bon at Phantom Kitty - Beautiful photography, spoiled pets, artsy-fartsy photos of artful people, food, places, and things.  And the occasional snip of wry humor and sarcasm.

{brief intermission:  The only critique I have for the above 3 bloggers is you don't post often enough!  Now, I don't expect you to post 112 times a week like I tend to, but I sure do miss you when you're busy having a life...  we now resume our program already in progress}

4.  JP at Home in the Hollow - Lovely landscapes, funny stories from past and present, writing projects, crafting and cooking, and just open, honest and entertaining JP. 
5.  Inger at Desert Canyon Living - Photos of her beautiful canyon and wildlife, book reviews, family treasures, stories, and guest posting by her dogs!
{The 4th and 5th bloggers do quite nicely on the posting frequency scale - thank you!} 

I really appreciate the award, Trisha, and all of you lovely followers and blogger pals!  :)

31 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congrats on the award! I love your philosophies. I have a hate/hate relationship with my gray hair though. Meh.

Zondra Art said...

Sincere congratulations on the nice award!
Kisses and happy new week.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Congrats on your award. Your blog is fun, and it's nice to get to know you better.

Home In The Hollow said...

YOU deserve this award! Are you kidding, the poses you get those birds/critters, along with the creative narration...well deserved! And I thank YOU so very,very much T! That is so sweet and the first thing I'm doing is placing it on my sidebar! I LOVE presents!...:)JP

Dawn said...

Loved learning more about you. Thanks for sharing:)

Trisha said...

I so agree with Home in the Hollow- Your very deserving of this award!! You share your all the exciting visitors on your ranch each day. I always look forward to whats next!!! :) Plus its always fun to read 7 new things about you!!
I know I cheated & I'll post my 7 things later :)

Trisha said...

Oops! ....I ment...You share ALL YOUR exciting visitors with us each day!
I need to slow down...... :)

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

I have some gray hair like you, and don't mind it a bit. I'm happy to have lived long enough to have it, I guess.

Congrats on the award -- you are on a roll this week! :)

Canyon Girl said...

Congratulations on this award. You have a lot of birds, that's true, but, oh, how versatile they are, from herons to titmouses (I just love that word)and so many interesting visitors both humans from all over blogger land and critters. I am so happy that you want to pass on this award to me. When I first started, I worried that being versatile would make for a lonely blog, but I was wrong. Thanks so much.--Inger

Tracy said...

Congrats to the winner of your drawing; they are one lucky individual...wonder if I could buy it from her?

You deserve the versatile blogger...I enjoy your BLOG! you go girl!!!
I liked your 7 things; ummm, I can actually see you being an autioneer :)

Bob Bushell said...

You deserve it, the award, so carry it whenever.

Sharon said...

Well, congratulations on your award, T. Rose!

Yep, I can see you as an auctioneer!

I earned every one of my gray hairs too, I prefer not to dwell on it, but it does have a mind of it's own now that gray is the majority.....

Have a great afternoon!

The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Congratulations! I love your blog!

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

Congrats T. You deserve the award because not only do you post really good pictures, you entertain us with your funny interpretations of what is going on in the pics. (:

Life At Cobble Hill Farm said...

You forgot one fact - and you have a great sense of humor. I laughed through this post. Congratulations!!!!
Staci

Inger-M said...

Congratulations! I enjoyed learning more about you! :-)

Farmchick said...

Congrats on the award! I enjoyed reading your answers!

sharon said...

Congratulations on being versatile! love your post, the pictures are great. I'm 48, soon to be 49. I'm trying to embrace reaching 50. hope you keep on posting more in the years to come.

lisaschaos said...

I think if you and I were neighbors we would be hanging out together a lot. I don;t mind my gray hair, except I like wearing hoodies, am I too old to be wearing hoodies? :0)

Youngest of eight - wow!

Deb said...

so much fun learning more about our blogging friends...I will be 49 on Saturday....it's only a number....love your blog...always enjoy your comments too...

Tiggeriffic said...

I'm 1/2 way to 134 and everyone can't believe I don't dye my hair.. I have very very little grey hair. I love grey hair ~!
Have a Tiggeriffic Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Tiffany said...

Love your "7"...I have enjoyed visiting your blog. I too like most 'ahem' 40 somethings am getting a little of the gray stuff too....LOL.

Tiffany

Shifan said...

Congratulations. I Like your 7 things. Go ahead.

Allison said...

I love your motto: In my next life I shall be willowy. Count me in!!

GREAT post.

Allison said...

p.s. I'm only 40 and I highlight my hair to hide the grey. I know... traitor! :D

heyBJK said...

Sorry I'm tardy to the party - busy weekend. Congratulations on your latest and yet another well deserved award! If there's an award for blogging consistency, you deserve that one, too!

Thank you so much for the award, T Rose! :-) I'm honored! To be considered versatile is flattering. I'll try to work on the frequency part. Maybe I need a personal assistant for that, too. haha! I really am grateful! Thank you!

Congratulations, again! Love your blog and your photos!

beth said...

i'm very much like your #5.....and i'm a bit willowy. it's not all that it's cracked up to be. when you're willowy, your laugh lines really stand out and then make up is needed...

see. grass. green. not always better on the other side :)

bon bon said...

thanks for the award, hon! you are such a "hoot"! i can't promise you i'm going to post any more frequently though. ;o)

i've known you for some time now, so the only thing that surprised was the auctioneer class! how many people can put THAT on a resume? and considering north america has so many native birds, i'd say your blog is plenty versatile!

LB @ BulletsandBiscuits said...

Awww, You rock! Thanks for the award... and congrats on yours! I will try to work on being more frequent...so I don't get my hand smacked anymore ;)

Yea, you had me at auctioneer. WOW!

Rose said...

Congrats on your award...BTW, I am the youngest of 8 also...only I am 55 yrs young.

gowestferalwoman said...

Oh I can see now why you are so patient with us bloggers who can only post in the middle of the night because life calls lol! the baby of 8 !

I enjoyed this post immensely - and so glad you gave a shout out for good bloggers too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...