Two of my lovely blogging pals recently awarded me the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. My teeth hurt after looking at this thing! :)
Ellie's Place and Tammy at Tammy's Photography Spot for naming my little blog as a dental nightmare! If you don't know these two ladies yet, please go visit.
The standard blog award rules apply:
1. Thank and link back to the awarder(s). (check!)
2. Spill 7 things you may not know about me (ugh!)
3. Pass it on to 7 more deserving blogs. (double ugh!)
Okay, here goes part 2:
1. I drive a stick-shift - have, ever since I bought my first car when I was 17. Even when I was commuting into Dallas in dreadful traffic, I wouldn't relinquish that manual control for the sake of giving my clutch foot a rest. Makes me crazy that a lot of vehicles aren't even offered in manual transmission anymore.
2. I am not a thrill-seeker, but I do have a propensity to speed in said vehicle. Yes, I've paid my share of speeding tickets through the years and taken a few defensive driving courses too (dammit!) I don't drive a sports car for good reason; I get plenty of speed out of my fuel-efficient, 5-speed Honda, thank you very much. A girl's got to manage her vices...
3. My dream car is a 1970 Chevelle SS. Whew, could I ever get some speeding tickets in this baby...
4. I rarely read books. And when I do, it's usually new-agey, spiritualish topics. I haven't read fiction in probably 20+ years.
5. Recipes make me run for cover. I can cook, but don't like to. So when you post a recipe on your blog, 90% of the time I won't even leave a comment. Just not my cup of tea, or sugar, or flour or whatever...
(Are we done yet?!)
6. My spelling, grammar and punctuation skills have been slipping this last year and a half of blogging and sprinkling comments all around the world via cyberspace. I used to be a 'go-to gal' for writing and proofreading at the office. My skills are getting slack and I am getting lax...
7. I think weeds are as beautiful as flowers. I also (conveniently) don't garden. :)
Gak! That was almost painful!
And for part 3, I'm going to have to pass this time. I follow a ton of blogs (scads more than I should! But what's a girl to do in this broiling hot, too-insane-to-be-outside, oven-roast-inside-the-car, summer?) Some folks prefer not to participate in awards so as to not hurt any one's feelings. I'm considering this a one-foot-in/one-foot-out participation in that I've shared more 'fascinating' facts about me but am foregoing the passing on part. I hope y'all can manage with that. You're all sweet to me! ;)